Roof of the Year Award
“Excellence in Saskatchewan Roofing”
2020 “Roof of the Year” Winner
Flynn Group of Companies
Saskatchewan Hospital, North Battleford
2019 “Roof of the Year” Winner
Clark Roofing (1964) Ltd
Southend School, Southend
2018 “Roof of the Year” Winner
Flynn Group of Companies
Children’s Hospital of Saskatchewan – Saskatoon
The “Roof of the Year” Award program recognizes SRCA members for outstanding workmanship, innovation, service to the community and service to the industry in Sask. It is sponsored by the Saskatchewan Roofing Contractors’ Association (SRCA). All entries will be recognized by their peers for their significant contribution to the roofing industry.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION OF THE AWARD WINNER WILL INCLUDE:
Workmanship: Outstanding workmanship in a roofing application by a contractor and roofing crew. This can include a particularly challenging job, difficult design job, extraordinary working conditions, difficulty of application of materials used, etc.
Innovation: innovative solutions can include innovative project solutions to challenging jobs, smart solutions to a problem, special safety considerations, environmentally friendly projects, etc.
Service to the community: Service to the community can be a project where materials and/or time were donated to a worthy project that benefits the community.
Service to the industry: Service to the industry may include a significant contribution made to the roofing industry overall in Saskatchewan.
Unique roofing-related jobs, programs, and services in Saskatchewan that were completed in the last two years by SRCA members will be eligible for the competition.
Entries can be submitted by SRCA Active, Associate and Industry members and must have a CRCA Warranty for the project.
Deadline for submissions is December 31, 2020.
Send entry forms and entry materials to:
SRCA – “Roof of the Year” Award
2059 Arthur Street
Judges are recognized professionals within the roofing industry and will use the following criteria to evaluate proposals:
- Uniqueness of the project or activity
- Benefit to the roofing industry in Saskatchewan
- Use of innovation
The “Roof of the Year” Award will include a plaque for the winner that can be displayed at their workplace. In addition the recipient’s name will be added to the main “Roof of the Year” plaque showing all past winners located at SRCA’s office.
The “Roof of the Year” Award recipient will be formally recognized at the AGM.
Recipients will also be recognized on the SRCA website.
Your entry/application will consist of the following items:
- The official entry form including a description of the job, program or event.
- Any relevant entry materials, in addition to the entry form from your company for consideration. Photographs, booklets and such are recommended but should only be submitted if they help describe the uniqueness of the project.
- Package the entries carefully. Applicants are responsible for all shipment and postage. SRCA cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to any entry submitted.
- All entries become the property of SRCA. Do not send irreplaceable materials.
WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR ENTRY?
- Entries are screened at the SCRA office to verify eligibility.
- Each entry is individually evaluated according to official judging criteria.
- The highest ranking entries will be evaluated to determine the recipients of the “Roof of the Year” Award.
- The decision of the judges is final and scores for individual entries will not be disclosed.
- SRCA may use material for promotion
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact SRCA directly by phone: 306-721-8020 or fax 306-721-8021 or