The SRCA Today
JOINING THE SRCA
SRCA membership is available to qualified businesses in five primary categories. For information on membership requirements and application details, please click members
Active member – firms located in Saskatchewan and actively engaged in the roofing and related sheet metal contracting business.
Associate member – companies actively engaged in manufacturing and/or supplying materials, equipment or accessories used in any branch of the roofing or related sheet metal industry.
Industry member – individuals interested in receiving literature from the Association regarding the roofing industry.
International member – members of the SRCA engaged in the roofing and related sheet metal contracting business outside Canada.
Honourary member – persons of good character and standing who have rendered distinguished service in furthering the objectives of the Association.
INDUSTRY AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
In addition to the broad range of services and programs provided directly to members, the SRCA is actively involved in a variety of projects that support the community and the roofing industry in Saskatchewan, including:
- The Saskatchewan Roofing Apprenticeship Program, strengthening the educational base for young people seeking a career in the roofing industry;
- The Roofing Apprenticeship Bursary, which awards $500.00 to all the apprentices who are employed with an Active Member, successfully pass the Journeyperson‚s exam and an additional $500.00 is awarded to the one who achieves the highest marks on the interprovincial exam.
- The SRCA Post Secondary Scholarship, which provides a $1,000.00 award to selected applicants whose parent or guardian is employed by an active Member of the Saskatchewan Roofing Contractors’ Association;
- Support of Habitat for Humanity through member donations of materials and labour;
- The Saskatchewan Construction Safety Association through membership and committee involvement;
- The Saskatchewan Construction Association through membership and committee involvement; and
- The Trade Advisory Board through membership and committee involvement.